In this first article of a two-part post, Managing Director of TigerLogic Germany, Birgit Jäger, discusses the suitability of Omnis Studio for developing healthcare applications, and draws on recent case studies where companies have successfully implemented mobile enabled healthcare solutions that help achieve phenomenal growth and efficiency.
Healthcare’s mobile technology trend
The healthcare industry, worth billions annually, is among the most prevalent adopters of mobile technology as demand for instant access to patient data continues to grow on a worldwide basis. For software developers and system integrators, this provides many valuable opportunities for delivering software and hardware solutions, as well as professional services. Furthermore, improvements in software design and hardware play a vital role in a healthcare organization’s ability to provide more efficient services to their clients.
Healthcare industry challenges
All facets of the healthcare industry are facing serious challenges:
- Continuous increasing costs due to evolving technical innovations and demographic trends in the Northern hemisphere.
- Growing demands as well as new therapies requiring more involvement from patients, coupled with the need for better documentation and quality assurance.
- Health insurance systems struggling in most countries to find a realistic approach to balancing increasing expenses, lobby group pressures, new technical possibilities and rising patient demands.
These circumstances, and more, are prompting technology tools to rapidly transform in conjunction with the healthcare industry’s ever-changing requirements – requirements in billing systems for medical services, reporting and information exchange, patient records, treatment information, documentation, and quality management, etc. For example, in many European countries, healthcare applications are changed and upgraded every quarter.
With this in mind, developers of healthcare applications require a sophisticated development environment that can respond quickly and easily to change and further development, and allow the integration of new technologies that allow data access anytime and anywhere.
Omnis Studio for healthcare application development
From security systems for museums and production control in dairies, to logistics, asset management and manufacturing, Omnis Studio is used for the development of a wide range of application types in different industries. Looking a bit deeper into the industry sectors, it appears that a significant proportion of Omnis applications belong to the medical and healthcare market.
Perhaps this is no coincidence. Omnis Studio enables healthcare solution providers to keep up with the constantly changing legal requirements in the industry and provide their customers with continuous innovations.
Omnis Studio offers:
- High productivity and clear structural functionality and features, which allow for rapid application development in less time and with fewer resources than with most other application development tools on the market.
- Open architecture which allows developers to easily integrate external components and adapt their applications to the latest technologies.
To illustrate a successful healthcare application written in Omnis Studio, software developer amétiq AG of Switzerland has effectively addressed changes in their clients’ requirements and the healthcare market as a whole:
amétiq AG has adapted their solution with the addition of a web module, providing doctors and patients direct and secure access to their personal medical data and information via the web or mobile device. With over 1,000 installations of their doctor’s office solution in Switzerland, amétiq AG has experienced year-on-year growth of 20% to 30% while meeting the challenging demands of the health industry and its mobile technology adoption.
See TigerLogic’s website for more Omnis Studio success stories.
Posted by: Birgit Jäger